Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome! - Bienvenido/Bienvenida

Welcome to my new blog! It's time to get ready for my next adventure. I'm leaving on Saturday for my next trip to Guatemala: 5 more weeks of Spanish language school in Antigua followed by 10 Days at COAR, the children's safety net center I visited two summers ago in El Salvador, and then a final week of helping to build a youth center for the lovely people of Mizata, El Salvador with friends from St. Sebastian and St. Hilary working together under Serving Christ Through His Poor, a not-for-profit established to run mission trips to El Salvador. I'll be back July 17, but in the meantime, this is where I will most likely update you on my latest adventures and reflections. Come along and enjoy the adventure!

Just a note on the "Around and About" listing of web site links. This list is a compilation of blogs, websites and other web resources I consider useful. The churches listed include my home parish, St. Hilary, and the churches and institutions where I have done my field education. I have also included links for places I have visited or programs I have attended (ie, AmeriSpan Language Schools, COAR, CRS-Global Fellows, and Tantur Ecumenical Institute, Jerusalem).