Sunday, June 1, 2008

Muy tranquillo en Antigua

Really not too much to update you on as I stayed in Antigua and had a pretty quiet weekend. I did see David DeJesus and John Mullee off on Friday. We went out in a group for a last night on the town before they took off Saturday. Then Saturday night I went out with two friends of Patrick Anderson's, Shannon and Kathy, from St. John Neuman's in Strongsville. They were here vacationing and were returning home today (Sunday). Heading out this weekend gave me a good taste of what happens here in Antigua the most...you meet people from all over the world (or at least from Holland) and talk.

The other thing you might notice about Antigua on the weekends is how many of the young and "up-and-coming" Guatemalans come to Antigua to hang out on the weekends. This is one of the places for a weekend away or a night out for many Central Americans with some means. Thus, the population increases quite a bit on the weekends. But, thankfully, Monday comes soon enough and things quiet down to the point where it is mostly the student populations that are visiting from Europe, Asia, or America.

So, I have had some great conversations this weekend with new people and we've talked a little about everything and nothing. Not a bad way to spend a weekend. Next week, I'm working on trying to visit a local prison with a priest from one of the Churches here. That should be eye-openning. I'll let you know. Back to studying Spanish...enjoy the pictures!

No comments: